Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about Waseda Univerity student clus 2016/3/26 07:06
Hi,

I'm currently a student from California is going to be starting in Waseda in the fall. I was wondering if you guys can tell me what are some clubs that I can join in order to meet students who are very social, like going out, enjoy group activities.

I looked into groups that are volunteering based, and I'm going to try to join groups where I can help kids in Japan. However, I know that Japans Society that's how we build on group relations and I don't want to spend too long trying to develop those relations, so I'm hoping you might be able to tell me what groups, social events, and clubs are good for basically enjoying my time as student while obtaining my minors.

I want to experience Tokyo day and night, its very rare that a western student can experience this kind of a life style in a city like Tokyo. I want t be able to make the most of it so that I can make friends and enjoy my tie in the country.

I looked into American football, Kendo, and other activities but I don't know what they're like.

Can you give me any suggestions?

by Jet Set Globe Trotter  

Since no one seems to be responding 2016/3/27 16:09
Your question is difficult to answer for most if not all members of this forum, who have never been involved in those sports clubs you're talking to. Maybe you're just feeling nervous and wanted to post something anyway.

In any case, come April and all newbies will be showered by invitations to numerous student circle visits. Meanwhile, renowned circles may not bother to come out and invite you, so you need to go find them yourself.

Typically, student circles are all about building friendship and sometimes future careers, so just visit some, ask them questions, and choose one for you to join.

Since you're already granted entrance to the university, I'm sure you have, or will have, the right to log in to their students' section in the universities official website where you may be able to obtain more details.

Meanwhile, Waseda's International Community Center has social networking pages.
http://www.waseda.jp/inst/icc/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Waseda Univerity student clus 2016/3/27 17:31
English conversation clubs want you to join. There are heaps students who want to talk in English.
There are 575 approved clubs(called "circles" often) in Waseda, more than 2,500 non-approved clubs.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread