Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Checklist for changing jobs 2016/3/27 11:33
I am getting a bit of mixed info.

I will finish my contract out at an Eikaiwa on March 30th, and begin a new contract on April 5th.

What exactly do I need to do or receive to make this transition?

1. Letter of release from Eikaiwa?
2. Give the letter of release to the Immigration office within 2 weeks (I was told by my new job that they will be able to do this for me somehow)
3. Tax report/records from Eikaiwa?

So as far as I know, since my company said they can inform the immigration office, I only need to get a letter of release, and tax records from my Eikaiwa, and that's it?

Thank you very much!
by donnysf  

Re: Checklist for changing jobs 2016/3/27 21:00
Pension book, employment insurance certificate (for unemployment benefit, if applicable), certificate stating that your will be uneligible for the company's health insurance (if applicable), letter of release, tax papers, and certificate stating that you have been enrolled in the company's pension fund (if applicable).

In case you have been enrolled in the previous employer's health insurance scheme, be careful, as they tend to end your contract as of one day before the end of the month, and then you will need to pay one month's national health insurance, because the reference date is the last day of the month (i. e. 31st of March), when you were not covered by anyone.

I believe you still need to get the letter of release to Immigration, because now both the employer and the employee need to report change in employment, if I remember correctly.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Checklist for changing jobs 2016/4/3 00:51
Hi thank you very much. I appreciate it!
by donnysf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread