Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Thoughts on Kyoto university 2016/3/31 02:31
I'm planning to apply for their undergraduate program civil engineering english course, my questions are:

1. Your unbiased thoughts on Kyoto university and the course itself?
Is it good and has a supportive environment?

2. Are the students there individualistic, in a way where they'd rather study alone? As for myself, I love to study with couple of friends which I find it easier than studying by my self.

3. How's the professor in general?

4. What are the challenges you're facing in the university?

Sorry to ask a lot, but I'd love to hear honest answers regarding the university. I'm so clueless whether to apply or not this year. Thanks
by nandosaurus  

Re: Thoughts on Kyoto university 2016/3/31 13:38
I (Japanese) graduated from the Department of Engineering long time ago and hope any student or recent graduate in the specific course you inquired will reply to you in this forum. But If not, I recommend you write to the registrar section or secretary about your concerns and ask to introduce the right person to consult with e.g. professor/students/department secretary. When I came to the 3rd year I chose the specific course/professors then a desk was allocated to each student in the dedicated room for the course. I could select to study on my own or follow a theme given by the professor or in cooperation with my senior student/professor's assistant. So your question 2 much depends on what course/professor you select. That's why I recommended you write a letter to the specific section directly. In general Kyoto University is known as free and creative while many graduates from Tokyo University like to go to the governments posts. The Novel prize winners from Kyoto University is 6 - the biggest number in Japanese universities.
by GattoNegro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread