Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of living Kyoto vs. Osaka 2016/4/1 08:28
what is the cost of living differences in Kyoto and Osaka?
by fellow traveler  

Re: Cost of living Kyoto vs. Osaka 2016/4/1 13:20
Kyoto and Osaka are close to one another. I haven't found much difference between these 2 towns (and Kobe).

In each town , whether you talk about hotels or apartments, or restaurants, cafes, clothes etc. there are expensive ones and cheaper ones...
Some neighbourhoods are expensive... other cheap..

It is hard to generalize..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living Kyoto vs. Osaka 2016/4/1 17:39
You are talking about living, I assume.
Since Kyoto has restriction on construction of big building/development of the natures in order to preserve the historical environments, I feel there are less large supermarkets or shopping malls than in Osaka and less competitions among shops. Variety of restaurants/shops in Osaka excels. You may also want to consider the middle size towns between Osaka and Kyoto along the Hankyu Line or Keihan Line where the house rental is cheaper than these two cities and is convenient for travel to either city as necessary. Apart from the cost of living, however, Kyoto would give you therapeutic effect in the silent environment. I used to like walk around the temples in Higashiyama area very early morning feeling change of seasons, which is a privilege given to the residents there.
by GattoNegro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread