Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hoken 2016/4/2 12:54
My husband is on Shakai Hoken, the full, proper healthcare insurance. My work will not subsidise Shakai hoken, so I am only on KKH, which doesn't offer as many benefits.

I believe that you can only get the payment for birth (around 400,000yen?) if you are on Shakai Hoken. So, my question is.. can the husband apply for and receive the birth payment? Or is that not possible?
by x-ray (guest)  

Re: hoken 2016/4/2 19:10
You can receive 420,000 Yen for the childbirth cost from KKH.

And also, you can receive free pregnancy consultation and ultrasound check. The number of consultation and/or amount of subsidies you get paid are slightly different by the city's regulations so you ask at your city office for more detail. Majority of cities in JP offers, 10-14 times pregnancy consultation and check, one ultrasound check and one cervical cancer test for free. But again this regulation is different from city to city, so ask at your city office first.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread