Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting into Sophia/SILS (Waseda) 2016/4/5 06:55
Hi there,

I know there already are like 2983 posts about this but I'd like to find more recent information about getting into Sophia's FLA or Waseda's SILS.

Let me just quickly introduce myself first: I'm French, 19 (so it is my first year of university here) and I wanna go study business in Japan. For that I, like most people, want to apply to Sophia or Waseda (I'm also considering applying to TIU, do you know specific things about it?)
As a non-native speaker in English, this means I'll have to take my TOEFL (though I took my A-levels in History and Literature thanks to an option with my baccalaureate...), does anyone know what's the average score admitted students get?

I'm also taking the SAT (I really hope it'll be ok) so it's the new one and I know I can't wait to hear a lot from people here as it has just been launched, but if you have an idea of the score we should get to be admitted it would be welcoooome!

Last question is for Sophia's FLA, do you know the average number of applicants? I can't find it anywhere and to be honest I'm really afraid many people apply as they don't seem to admit a lot of students.. :( (I mean compared to Waseda)

Thank you very much!
by lyagushka  

Re: Getting into Sophia/SILS (Waseda) 2016/4/6 11:01
Bonjour!

As you hinted, there is a lot of demand, and a limited number of seats. The good thing is that the Japanese government genuinely intends to increase the number of foreign students here (see the Global 30 initiative). But it may take time to make the system really efficient ...

I recommend you to contact Japanese universities directly:
http://www.waseda.jp/cjl/dat/jlp/00_admission_guide_in_english.pdf
http://web.waseda.jp/admission/en/

頑張ってください!

Contact-moi directement si tu veux. Je travaille dans le domaine de l'éducation au Japon.
by Motivist rate this post as useful

Re: Getting into Sophia/SILS (Waseda) 2016/4/7 12:56
by Motivist rate this post as useful

Re: Getting into Sophia/SILS (Waseda) 2016/4/18 10:54
It's not easy to get admitted but I have a friend who did so it is not impossible :-)

Good luck!
by Marc5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread