Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Long term parking bicycle 2016/4/6 15:30
Hello there!

I'm planning on buying a bicycle here, nothing too expensive (between 13.000-18.000 ‰~). The question is that I'm going to expend just 4,5 months here and I'd like to keep the bicycle after leaving the Japan.

¿Do you know if it would be possible to leave the bicycle in a standard street parking or in other kind of parking for a long time and recover it later? If not, ¿is there another viable option?

I would have to leave it here for at least a year or even a bit more before coming back to Japan.
by Fusou  

Re: Long term parking bicycle 2016/4/6 21:51
It's possible to leave your bicycle at a bicycle parking lot for as long as you like, as long as you can keep paying the monthly parking fee. And that really isn't worth it.

You should transfer the ownership of your bicycle to a friend while you're not using it. Transfering ownership is easy. All you have to do is to write a note and go to a police booth.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Long term parking bicycle 2016/4/7 01:01
In my neighborhood bicycle parking is 5000 yen for a year. If you give it to a friend, they will have to figure out what to do with it for a year, unless they happen to have free parking in their building.

I would opt for city long-term parking. Or just sell it and buy a new one when you come back.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Long term parking bicycle 2016/4/7 12:24
Thank you very much for your replies! You have really helped me :)
by Fusou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread