Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/8 19:01
My application for japan visa was denied. I really want to go in japan to visit my sister. Is it possible to re apply japan visa after a month? Thank you
by Dada Panganiban (guest)  

Re: Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/9 11:02
It's not going to be accepted after 1 month. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 6 months is the minimum waiting period:

Q3: Why can't I reapply immediately after my visa application was rejected?

A3: We do not accept your visa application if your previous application was rejected and you will apply for the same purpose of visit within six months from the rejection. This is because if, for example, we accept the same application the day after it was rejected, the circumstances of the applicant would not change so that the result of examination would be the same. However, we sometimes accept re-applications within six months in cases where your circumstances have changed significantly after the rejection, and travel to Japan is necessary for humanitarian reasons. Consult with the Japanese Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply for the visa before making the application.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/9 11:11
I apologize for not providing the link to the website:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/faq.html

Re: Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/11 11:16
Are you planning on staying longer than 90 days?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/11 11:26
It seems evident the OP's country of origin is not a visa-waiver country as he would have tried that approach.

The fact he applied and was denied may flag immigration at the airport and may be sent back because he might overstay his temporary visa (if he's even allowed to get one).

Re: Applying japan visa after being denied 2016/4/11 16:30
Thank you for the response. I already called the japan embassy. I asked them if they allow me to apply again with another guarantor. But they've said that I have to wait 6 months. It so sad because I have work in June. My only chance to go in japan is april and may because that is only my vacation period.
by Dada Panganiban (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread