Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iphone 6, AT&T international plan 2016/4/10 01:35
Plan on using ATT international plan for 14 days, traveling Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Himenji, and 5 Lakes, Hakone.

I only need my phone for a few calls, navigation, bus/train schedules and translation. We might need messaging, in case our family gets separated. I need Wifi for kids in hotel room and planning next day itinerary.

Does anyone know a good app for free Wifi locations (for my iPad?)

The plan is expensive but willing to pay, if it works.

Here is the international plan:

Includes unlimited messages sent, 800MB cellular data (overage: $0.15 per MB), and $0.35 per-minute calling per device. Unlimited Wi-Fi access at participating hotspots in select countries is also included.
Ends 30 Days From Effective Date

Will this work? I'm weary of renting portable wifi. Knowing our family, we will lose it.

Thank you so much.
Lisa
by lisarich  

Re: Iphone 6, AT&T international plan 2016/4/10 17:24
800MB for 14 days might come a bit short, you'd have to carefully monitor your usage. Free public wifi is also usually not very reliable. If your phone is unlocked, you can buy a prepaid "tourist" SIM with b-mobile or other providers. http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/payg_sim/travelers_to_japan.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Iphone 6, AT&T international plan 2016/4/11 00:29
You're right! 800MB is very little amount. My phone is locked. I will have to look into a portable wifi. Thank you for responding.
by lisarich rate this post as useful

reply to this thread