Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Proof of Fundings to move to Japan 2016/4/16 02:01
Hello all!
I'm planning to move to Japan by April 2017 and enroll into a Japanese Language school to get the student visa. I'm from Argentina.

Currently I have enough savings to support myself for about a year and a half in Japan, but it is all invested in high yield local goverment's bonds (USD denominated).

I was planning to maintain this money invested until the time I have to move to Japan and then liquidate everything so I can have the cash (about 30% of my position matures by April 2017 anyway).

My question is: will the Japanese school (and the embassy) accept a stock broker's account balance as proof of funding or should I liquidate my entire position so they can see I have enough cash in my banking account? I'm only concidering the second option if otherwise the risk of getting the CoE and the visa is high.

Thanks in advance.
by seba1807 (guest)  

Re: Proof of Fundings to move to Japan 2016/4/18 10:53
It is tricky. Why not ask your school? Otherwise, ask an education. agent: http://motivistjapan.com/ My feeling is that you could explain them how this (your investment) works (including the terms of your investment), to show them that it is quite "liquid". But I think - I am only guessing - that they would not bother checking that. Too complicated. But again, ask your school or ask experts if you want to be sure.

Good luck!
by Marc5 rate this post as useful

Re: Proof of Fundings to move to Japan 2016/4/19 07:27
I recommend you get specific advice on this (not from a forum). The rules are a little tricky - for example, I was advised my my lawyers to have the funds in a Japanese bank account to demonstrate necessary funds (under investor visa), but I did my CoE/Visa a different route so I never tested that.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Proof of Fundings to move to Japan 2016/4/21 23:23
Thanks so much!
I've contacted an agent and he advised to show a bank account with at least 2.000.000 yens if I want to get the 1 year student's visa.
So I guess I'll have to liquidate at least that amount out of my position.
by seba1807 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread