Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work for foreigner 2016/4/22 07:21
Hi
I think there was a info page on typical works for non japanese people in Japan here on Japan guide but cannot find it.

If having no university degree or exam needed for some enhlish teaching what common jobs are there?

Of course to learn japanese.
by Johnny (guest)  

Re: Work for foreigner 2016/4/22 09:02
None
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work for foreigner 2016/4/22 09:20
If you are planning to learn Japanese at a language school, you can get a student visa, which will allow you work part-time (a restricted number of hours per week). However, if you are planning to simply work, you will be ineligible for a work visa if you do not have a university degree.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work for foreigner 2016/4/22 15:30
What level of university degrees would be needed?

There are different levels and titles of Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees, First professional degree, etc...

So any degree from university is needed?

I have a degree from a Vocational university, not sure if it applies though. Where can I find out what univeristy type studies are fine for work visa?
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work for foreigner 2016/4/22 15:46
A bachelors degree is a basic minimum that will qualify you for a work visa, but it is not strictly required. It is possible to get a visa on "lesser degrees" or even without a degree depending on the situation and the person's skills/work experience. But that route is fairly difficult unless you have special skills, and it is virtually impossible to get a visa for unskilled jobs.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread