Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Have CoE, but no visa, can enter Japan? 2016/4/22 16:05
I have an internship placement in Japan, and I am residing overseas (not in my native country). The CoE documents arrived yesterday and I have no time to make a visa as my flight is in a day and it is not possible to change it.

My question is, will I be allowed to enter Japan on a tourist visa even though I have a approved CoE document? Will they know? I already bought a one-way ticket out of Japan within that 90 day period.
by Phylala (guest)  

Re: Have CoE, but no visa, can enter Japan? 2016/4/22 17:02
Depends on what your nationality is. I've been told by an immigration lawyer that if you are from a visa waiver country you could enter that way and then use the COE to support a change of status of residence. Otherwise you may need to postpone your travel, as some airlines won't even let you on the plane without a valid visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Have CoE, but no visa, can enter Japan? 2016/4/23 06:19
Enter on the tourist visa and then change status once in Japan. It costs more than doing it at the Japan embassy in your home country.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Have CoE, but no visa, can enter Japan? 2016/4/25 09:12
So... what'd you end up doing?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread