Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/25 23:58
Good Evening, to whom it may concern,

Ifm not sure whether this would be an appropriate place, but Ifd pretty much exhausted all my options and Ifm now hoping that I could get some help or information somewhere.

I was at Japan, Osaka for a holiday with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed ourselves there. Until, we dropped/lost an important toy on the way back, from ICHIRAN RAMEN (dotonburi) during 4th April, Monday. We took a 11.40pm train from Namba Station(Subway: Midosuji Line, towards Nakatsu), before transferring at Shinsaibashi Station, towards Taisho, and finally getting down there.

Itfs a small kappa-turtle like small plush toy and below is are some photos of it.
It might not seem like much, but turtle-san is my childhood toy and he have be travelling with me for years and wefd been to several countries together.

Here are some photos of the toy:

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/t51.2885-15/e15/...

https://igcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/t51.2885-15/e35/...

We spent the rest of our trip tracing back the stations and we still have no luck.
We also tried going to the Ichiran Ramen, the Station Masterfs Office and the lost and found too.
However, we have to leave for Tokyo on the 7th and unfortunately our search have to stop then.
Coming back, Ifm however unable to make any more trips to the lost and found station to get any updates.

Since Ifm back in Singapore too, Ifm also unable to call back as I canft speak Japanese and Ifm having a huge problem trying to convey my story to them.

However, on their side, they also donft provide a contact back service, so Ifm asking hoping if I could get some help or maybe an email where I can get in touch with someone who could assist us for this matter.

Ifm writing in, hoping that someone can help us, as the toy have been with us to several countries, and with us for several years. I'm really thankful if anyone there can help us.

Looking forward to hear from you people soon :'(
by BluePills  

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/26 16:11
I hope you find him soon and that he has some stories to tell of his solo adventure. Have you tried social media?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/26 17:10
I have looked on Osaka Police Department, lost & found property website, there are 72 plush toys are found, reported and kept there.
Is your turtle green or blue?
The website shows(as text) blue/beige toy found on April 6(Osaka, on train), green found on April 7(Osaka city on train), blue found on April 5(Osaka, Suita, found in shop). They are not showing pictures so I can't figure out any more info.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/27 15:52
Thank you guys so much for your replies,
it really meant alot to me, so is the toy itself as well.

@guest

your reply almost made me teared alittle ;'(
i was actually halfway through making a little travel video for him.
and he got lost in day 7...
didn't really know how to get help from social media though, because i dont really know japanese.

@tokyo friend 48
omg thank you so much for your kind gesture and reply. my plush is green in color, looks like a kappa too, it's on it's four flat on the ground.

I last had him @ ICHIRAN RAMEN (dotonburi) during 4th April, Monday.
We took a 11.40pm train from Namba Station (Subway: Midosuji Line, towards Nakatsu),
before transferring at Shinsaibashi Station,
towards Taisho, and finally getting down there.
and took a JR Namba exit,
by BluePills rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/27 20:30
I think it's extremely difficult to send it back eventhough someone can find your turtle while you are not in JP.
I think you need to find someone who can visit the Police station where the turtle is kept and make sure the item is yours.
When I find someone's wallet, keys, camera, I take it to Police and report. But, I would probably won't take a toy if I find. This is because, not many people try to find lost toys.

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/27 21:50
green found on April 7(Osaka city on train)?

I have a friend who's studying in Kyoto, i'm not sure if he can help, but what would the procedure be? Will he have to go to the Namba Lost & Found area, or?

I know.. T_T it's hard to say a toy is an important item, but it's been around with me for years, and he's always there with me for all my travels.

i actually inbox you in case u didn't see my reply. But i would definitely need advise on how to go about from here :(

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/28 09:20
Hello BluePills,
Thanks to tokyo friend 48 for the info from the Osaka Police Station's website, I tried calling them to confirm the description from the linked pics. They said a police report for "lost and found" is needed. That's where the hard part comes in, they would want the real owner to make the report in person.

If your friend it in Kyoto, he can make the report at any Police Box in Osaka, but he might have to pretend he is you. If he prints out the pic and includes that in the report, it will be much easier for the police to see if they have it or not. And if they do have it, shipping it back to Singapore might be between 1000-2000yen for EMS (4-5 days).

Good luck on finding Turtle-san.
by Kylosaka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/28 16:39
What adventures turtle is having! What tales he'll have to tell!
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/28 17:05
i'm really touch and thankful for you guys to be here helping me

and i wish i can see turtle-san soon too :(

thanks for the glimmer of hope, i'm really excited and nervous. (hopefully it's him)

@Kylosaka (guest)
Thank you for helping to call. I'll try relaying to my friend regarding this, but i believe a trip down to the police station is definitely needed.

Would it be very troublesome for him? because he's actually really nice enough to make his way down and help me verify/help me pick it up if possible.
wow, thanks for the details, i really appreciate it
Thanks again for helping me call the station.

I went to google, but they say they would need a letter of proxy if someone is collecting on behalf of me.
However I actually "made" a report over at Namba Station Lost & Found when i was in Osaka during my time there though when i lost it.

{Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau , Lost & Found Center}
However, is there a chance that, items that is found would be transferred to the police station after that?

in fact, i did some checking and digging myself, if i'm not wrong, he should be in Higashi Police Station. But i did notice an expiry date for the storage of the items O_O
would they dispose it after that?!

sorry for asking the many questions
just really worried =(
thanks again for being here for me & turtle-san

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/28 17:20
@Saru

i wish~ Hope to see him soon.
i was actually in the midst of making a youtube travel video with him :(

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/28 22:18
If you know someone in Kyoto who can be trust, ask him/her to visit one of Osaka police station(any police station is okay), and ask there you are looking for kappa toy. The staff at police station will go on search through data base system there.
If the data system hits your kappa, the staff tells your friend which police station in Osaka keeps it(and due date), visit the police station and check the item there. For futher info, ask at the police station.
I live in Tokyo so I can't visit Osaka police station as your substitute.

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/4/29 00:01
@tokyo friend 48

thanks again for your reply!
i'll try and ask him.

i'd did a check myself, and i found the green plush toy that is found in namba city railroad as you said.
found on the 7th, the police station is near dotonbori as well so i think it's pretty close!

having my fingers crossed for this and hopefully i'll reunite with him soon :(

understand, of course!
thanks again for your help and everything. it really meant alot to me.

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/4 15:57
Please keep us updated if you manage to find your toy turtle!
by albertsy2 rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/5 06:13
Thank you so much for your reply! hopefully i'll find someone who can verify the plush for me! My friend would probably be able to check that out for me next week, will keep you guys updated till then!

or if anyone who can help, feel free to get in touch with me (:

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/12 13:00
Any update on this? I have been reading the thread and hoping the OP gets his turtle back!
by Russell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/13 20:07
Hello Russel, unfortunately, there's no update yet.
I had created an Instagram previously and wordpress to try to find someone who could help.. no luck yet though

thanks for concern by the way, it really meant alot!

if u need the social media links,
https://findmkk.wordpress.com/
https://www.instagram.com/find.mkk/

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/29 01:52
Did you find turtle-san?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/31 14:46
Maybe it's time to let go of Turtle-san? By the way, why is your handle 'Bluepills'?
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/5/31 17:23
Probably not prepared to let go of him yet though,
Maybe after my friend checked the station physically for me.

I might go finish up the video log of turtle san with the remaining video i have left if he's really gone :(
and i'll probably share it with all of you guys too (:
thanks for being here (virtually), it's as good as it goes, and, i guess turtle san would be thrilled to find out that so many people are helping him get home.

And, long story short, it's a handle of jiyeon in jungle fish 2. Her story just relates to me and, i kinda was into t-ara during my kpop hahahah

Re: Losing An Important Toy in Osaka 2016/6/2 11:30
Ah, I see. Hope it all turns out well.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

reply to this thread