Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Residence Card Expired 2016/4/27 18:15
Hi

My residence card recently expired while I went back to home for several months. Upon leaving Japan they gave me a re-entry permit. I told them I would be back before my card expired but due to family matters I was not able. So now I want to return to Japan as a tourist. Will I get in trouble when I enter customs? What if I want to apply for new working visa in the future? I also realized I am still registered in the prefecture I used to live while working for my employer but once I left the employer and moved temporary to another prefecture I never changed this.

Any advice?
Thanks
by Fujisan (guest)  

Re: Residence Card Expired 2016/4/27 18:52
No problem, you were out of Japan when your status expired so you did not overstay.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Residence Card Expired 2016/4/27 19:07
The residency thing is distinct from the immigration system, this one could cause problems regarding taxation, etc., but not for immigration purposes like obtaining a new visa.

You should contact the municipality where you are registered to sort it out.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread