Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/1 15:46
Dear all,

My girl friend and I are planning to register our marriage in Japan during our next year trip in 2017. May i know if possible for both Malaysians to do so in Japan? How?

Hope to have some advice here. Thanks!
by elvin88  

Re: Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/1 19:22
If you are not a resident in Japan, I think it is not possible.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/1 21:59
Anybody can marry in Japan, including non-residents. You will have to consult with the municipality where you want to register the marriage.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/2 08:13
Oh right, Firas seems to be right. You only need the kon-in todoke. I thought you'd also need your Juminhyo. Apparently not.

So, feel free to do it, provided you have all the required documents, and sufficient Japanese ability. Can't see the point of it myself, but that doesn't matter.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/2 13:13
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+100408

Above post about registering their marriage in Japan as non-resident/tourist.
The steps or procedure will probably be the same but then again different city hall maybe different.

Try to have your certificate of no impedance done while you are in Malaysia.

You need to inform your Japan marriage to JPN once you go back to Malaysia.
by ducaes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage Registration in Japan 2016/5/2 14:50
Thank you very much for all our replies... let me run thru step-by-step, shall again ask for opinions after that... Yeappy... :)

Elvin
by elvin88 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread