Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Required document for permanent residency 2016/5/16 11:14
Hello,

I lived for nearly 7 years in japan and am married for more than 3 years to a Japanese person. According to my research that should meet the minimum criteria to apply for the permanent visa. The reason I apply is, that I am thinking about changing my job and having a visa not tied to my job will make it also easier for the new company.

I have still 4 years on my current visa (engineer) and want to send my wife instead of me, since I have to save my vacation days this year.

I searched on the internet, but it seems every page, mentions slightly different requirements for this application, so I was hoping someone here have some experience and can list all required documents, since I do not want to send my wife twice.

1. What documents does my wife need to bring for the application?

2. There is a letter of guarantee, is this even required, if I can support myself on my own (I worked the whole time in Japan).

3. Which marriage and tax documents do I need for the application?

Thanks for your help.
by CityHunter1981  

Re: Required document for permanent residency 2016/5/16 22:06
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Required document for permanent residency 2016/5/20 16:21
Thank you.

However, I have a certain problem. In order to apply I need a certificate of employment, however I asked my boss and he is rejecting to sign it, unless I sign a special contract, which I do not want, since he is scared that I will change my job, which I do not plan at the moment.

Therefore, I would like to know if anyone knows if there is any possibility to apply for the visa without this document?
by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

Re: Required document for permanent residency 2016/5/20 21:44
Permanent residence is not a visa!

All you need is there: http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/05.html

If you have further questions, ask your local immigration bureau.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread