Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JP bank remittance 2016/5/19 00:26
I opened a JP bank account when I arrived in Japan and assumed I'd be able to send money from my bank account in the UK to Japan relatively easily using an international transfer.

I have a JP bank cash card and bank book but I don't know any of the important account information to make the international transfer, Infact I'm not even 100% sure they can do international transfers from the UK at all.

Any advice for making international transfers to Japan ?

I will go to a branch soon, but my current Japanese ability will make explaining it difficult so hoped somebody on here could give me some pre-advice first.
by shiike (guest)  

Re: JP bank remittance 2016/5/19 12:40
The number right above your name on the cash card is your account number, I believe.
5 and 8 digits,like this XXXXX-XXXXXXXX
by ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JP bank remittance 2016/5/19 13:02
It's very simple just ask the bank what their bank, branch and SWIFT code is. This when given to UK bank along with your account number would be sufficient to initiate transfer
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JP bank remittance 2016/5/19 13:49
On your Yucho bank book, open the first page upper part, it should be printed something like [10000][12345678], 5 digit numbers + 7 or 8 digit numbers, is your Yucho transaction numbers.

Yucho bank international money transfer system is very weak, it must be eachange to either US dollar or Euro first, then exchange to JP Yen.

Follow and read carefully this site on Yucho bank HP.
http://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/kojin/sokin/kokusou/kj_sk_ks_gaikoku.h...

You need to send your money to "Deutsche Bank" as it Intermediary Bank. You must clearly state this to the UK bank. It's unable to transfer directly into your Yucho bank a/c.

For direct transfers, I think it much easier to open an a/c at Shinsei Bank(except bank fees). It can be opened in English.

I don't think Yucho bank staffs can be explained this process in English. They can explain in Japanese but I don't think you can understand that.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread