Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheapest monthly phone plan 2016/5/20 19:24
Hi all,

I'll be studying in Kyoto for two years and I'm considering getting a monthly phone plan. I've tried looking into several mobile companies' price plans but can't seem to get a clear idea on how much monthly costs would be if I get into a 2-year contract with them. My main use for the phone would be internet (will probably use Maps a lot and SNS) and make calls.

My questions are as follows:
1. What is the cheapest monthly phone plan? Will this include a new phone or can I use my unlocked phone?
2. Will prepaid sim cards be able to cater to my needs at a cheaper price? What prepaid sim cards would you recommend?

Cheers all!
by pikyoto (guest)  

Re: Cheapest monthly phone plan 2016/5/22 09:39
There are a lot of questions on this forum about this, so I suggest you use the search for it.

MVNO is the cheapest monthly phone plan around. I think for most companies you bring in your own unlocked phone or you can buy it from them ie. Yahoo mobile or Rakuten .

Most prepaid sim cards is data service only. You can pick it up at the airport and/or electronic stores.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest monthly phone plan 2016/5/22 21:10
Hi MikeTI,

Yeah, I actually saw relevant threads right after I posted this query (silly me). Thanks for the tips!
by pikyoto (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread