Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Language School Japan 2016/5/22 10:24
Hi,
I am an American guy currently looking for a language school to attend in Japan. I'm definitely looking to be in an environment where I won't be able to use English outside of class. I've studied Japanese for a while and worked for a Japanese company for a bit.

I recently had a trip to Japan where I visited Samu Language school. I went to the school briefly and had a quick interview where I saw I was assessed at conversation level 3 (whatever that means). School seemed pretty good, and I was told by the
staff that the school has lots of folks from Korea and China. (Might be good seeing as I'm hoping to only use my Japanese)

I haven't been able to find any reviews on the school and was wondering if anyone has attended the school and could give me some insight. I've seen seen a few of the other big names floating around (Kai, Naganuma etc.) Please let me know your thoughts.
by Desmon Hickson (guest)  

Re: Language School Japan 2016/5/22 12:23
I do not know anyone who attended that particular school, so I cannot give any first-hand recommendation, but if you want to look around, you could search on this list of accredited Japanese language schools to, for example, compare student mix.

http://www.nisshinkyo.org/search/index_e.html

Having the majority of students either Chinese or Korean has the advantage that you might be exposed more to the Japanese language only, and also has the con that they (particularly the Chinese) are quick with learning writing/reading and vocabulary building due to the common writing, that you will definitely feel the difference.

This is in the middle of Tokyo, so for daily living it is likely that you will be able to get by in English - meaning you won't really be forced to use only Japanese... something like Yamasa Institute might be an option too, with dormitory.
(Again this is not a personal recommendation; my non-Japanese spouse went to Naganuma and was/is happy with it, but that's many years ago.)

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Language School Japan 2016/6/7 03:46
Thanks so much for the feedback man!
by Desmon Hickson (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread