Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding work at 29, in 2018? 2016/5/27 06:28
I've just turned 27 and dreamed for the past 11 years of moving to Japan. I had my load of personal life issues in the last years, had started a bachelors in East Asian Studies but quit etc...
I am now back in force going back to uni in september to finish my bachelors degree in the hopes of moving to Japan in 2018.
By then I will be almost 29/29 years old, with a bachelors in East asian studies and anthropology. I have lived in Japan 1 year before as an exchange student.
My question is, as a french native speaker (canadian, received english classes since in 4th grade all the way to now), with only a design college degree and East asian Anthropology Bachelors degree, what are the chances that I can find work ? (Even if english teaching for a start). I speak Japanese at a good conversational level with not much ability in "specific" language (language specific to certain types of work).

I know everyone asks this type of question but as I am heading towards a few thousands dollars more in debt for my degree only in the hopes of having a job in Japan (if I was staying here, I wouldn't have finished), and anxiety is crippling me.
by dalirose (guest)  

Re: Finding work at 29, in 2018? 2016/5/27 10:55
Maybe try teaching the French language? If you "received English classes since 4th grade," I don't know if that is considered to be native equivalent, though some English teaching positions do not require you to be a native speaker of English if you interview well in English.

You might want to consider coming on a Working Holiday visa first (I believe this is something only up to age 30, and limited to either 6 months or 1 year) to see if you like living/working in Japan.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread