Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/5/28 17:14
I lost my Samsung Cell phone inside the taxi from Shinjuku East to Okubo Hotel : Tokyo inn House. The taxi driver left us in the main street, and asked us to come the small street. I paid Yen730, and he didn't give me a receipt.

The date is April 23, 2016 around 9pm. I asked hotel staff to help, no one help, so I took a taxi to the nearby police station. Stayed 2 hours and got a report loss sheet.

My Japanese friend told me I will get my cell phone back as Japanese taxi driver is honest and helpful.
The hotel staff helped me to call police station and the taxi company. But still not found.

My Samsung Galaxy Express 2 is useful for me in last 4 to 5 years. More than 200 phone lists. I cannot retrieve the contact lists etc even I applied for a new SIM card. In present, without a cell phone, life is poorer.

Please let me know how I get my old Samsung back. Really Thanks.
by Krystyna (guest)  

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/5/28 18:26
If you don't know what taxi company it was, nothing more you can do besides reporting to police. Now wait.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/5/28 19:06
Call the number of your lost phone and say "moshi moshi"

Ask your JP friend to call or visit Shinjuku Police Station for more detail.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/5/28 19:30
You have passed one month, do you still in Japan?
It is a picture and a photograph of the main taxi companies that are running in Tokyo.
http://ishiichann.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/154.jpg
http://image.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?rkf=2&ei=UTF-8&p=%E6%9D%B1%E4%B... % 82% B7% E3% 83% BC # mode% 3Ddetail% 26index% 3D1% 26st% 3D0
Do you have the same type as you ride the car?
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/5/28 22:28
You should have called a taxi association in the area as soon as you dropped your phone. Here is a list for future reference.
http://otoshimono.com/statics/page/taxi

I'm pretty sure that any driver would get it back to you if (s)he found it, but I'm afraid that I can't say the same about passangers finding it. Cell phones can be useful for some strangers. I only hope you get yours back.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/6/3 16:07
I did go to Kobaxxxxxx shinjuku police station for 2 hours in Losing phone night.In final, I got a report as requested.
The hotel staff helped me to call up the taxi company (private taxi, white color with some lines in other color in the middle of the taxi.
It was rainy and late night, My friend and I urged to get a hotel first.
The hotel staff called up police and taxi company, not found.
My old phone have 200 phone numbers I missed and some photos. My clients phone number is in that phone. Thats why the phone is very important for my money making.
Japanese said they are honest, 99 percent I can get my phone.
very depressed me, busy on searching in the web with my right wrist hurt.
by Krystyna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/6/3 19:34
When I look at the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department of the home page,
Shide of the taxi
Date discovered 2016/04/25. Foreign mobile phone, black system
Date discovered 2016/04/26. Foreign mobile phone, blue
Date discovered 2016/04/29. Foreign mobile phone, white
Date discovered 2016/05/30. Foreign mobile phone, gold system
These information was listed.
Is your cell phone what color?
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Lost phone in a taxi, no receipt 2016/6/4 09:40
I'm posting this only in hope that the OP might feel better, but you're not the only one. I'm a Japanese resident and have had my mobile phone stolen in my usually safe and sound neighborhood. I did have an address backup, but some very precious photos and my favorite phone cover will never return. Things do get stolen and lost here in Japan too. I hope that tomorrow will be a better day for the OP.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread