Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Residence tax 2 mails 2016/6/2 22:46
I got mail saying I owe 6400 yen yesterday for HEISEI 27, then today I received mail saying I owe 125,500 yen for HEISEI 28.

I worked March 2014 - March 2016 at an Eikaiwa, and now I work at a different place started the beginning of April 2016.

Is this necessary to pay, and why did I receive 2 different ones. One so cheap and one so expensive.

Thank you!!
by donnysf  

Re: Residence tax 2 mails 2016/6/3 10:48
Heise 27 tax sheet says you owe 6,400 Yen which is still unpaid due to the tax percentage changed on your based income or by the city tax office investigation.
The sheet tells the reason it has arrived somewhere.

Heisei 28 tax sheet normally arrives around June 10, the tax due date is June 30 unless you have any legal reasons you are unable to pay.

If you are still unsure, visit your local city tax office.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Residence tax 2 mails 2016/6/6 11:16
IF i am reading this right, and i might not be, you are confused as to why the new one has jumped up so much higher than your previous years? if so, it's actually a pretty easy explanation. the jump reflects the fact that when you arrived, there was no record of your income on file, and therefore you had a very low residence tax rate. they simply had nothing to base your % off of. the new one reflects your salary, and has been calculated based off of your income now that you are in the system and they have numbers to use.
by kayjazz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread