Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/6 22:36
Hi,

I am aware that sim card is much cheaper than pocket wifi. However, I heard that pocket wifi has stronger wifi signals. I am heading to Takayama - Shirakawago - Okuhida - Kanazawa region next week. That is not a city, will I be able to get Internet access if I get a sim card?

Would it be better to get a pocket wifi? I am only traveling with one other companion and we will not be going on separate ways.

Thanks.
by Chervonne (guest)  

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/7 09:59
You seem confused about what a pocket wifi is. It does not receive wifi, it provides it. What it receives is the same cellular signal as phones.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/8 09:00
Depends. If your phone does not support most of the frequency bands used in Japan it may be less capable than a pocket wifi designed for the Japanese market.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/8 11:35
I used pocket wifi when I went to Takayama and Shirakawago in 2014. It worked fine and I was able to upload picture to facebook and search the web on my phone. The only time it did not work was when the bus going through one of the few long tunnels to Shirakawago.

I never used sim card in Japan before, so I can't said which one is better.
by Animefan0614 rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/11 13:32
Which rental company did you use?
by Penny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/16 04:31
I use a pocket wifi from http://www.pupuru.com/en/ it is the BEST service ever! its works everywhere, and the speed and connection is better then the one I have in Canada! I totally recommend it.

The best thing is you can connect like 5 devices to it!
by Pankubox rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wifi or SIM card in Takayama 2016/6/20 13:07
Hi, the pocket wifi is a better solution.
Personally, i use a pocket wifi http://my-webspot.com/ it's perfect.
by Rico30210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread