Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Apply for the MEXT while in college 2016/6/9 13:19
Hi! I'm currently a college student.

For my grades: 4.0 GPA, set to graduate in the spring semester with Summa Cum Laude (Latin honors) and Graduate with Highest Honors in Research (Honors college). At my college I am enrolled in the AA program, but intend to major in International Business with a minor in Japanese through my university of choice. I will have completed my four term degree plan in three terms.
Before college: Dropped out of high school during sophomore year due to bacterial meningitus that I had a hard time kicking. Fell into deeeeeep depression over this, stayed at home and did jack for almost three years. Randomly came out of it, took GED and enrolled in college. I do realize how bad that looks :/

The thing is, I REALLY want to go to Japan.

Like, REALLY REALLY bad. At first I just thought I would go to Japan for my study abroad requirement at university, but I am hesitant to wait that long, even though it would be either next year or the year after that. It's been a major dream for me ever since my Dad came back ( traveled to and from Japan for work) and when my Great Grandfather died, I got all these cool old souvenirs from his time in Japan. The Japan bug bit me pretty hard when I was a kid.

I have taken two levels on Japanese at my college, and plan to take the third level this fall.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I could apply for the MEXT scholarship even though I'm already enrolled at my college? What if I have my AA degree? I looked on the website and didn't see anything about it. I think it's fairly close to apply this year, so I was thinking about applying next year, but I'm still really interested.

Thank you all for your time!
by Mexthopeful (guest)  

Re: Apply for the MEXT while in college 2016/6/9 14:10
This site describes the process for a bunch of scholarships (including MEXT).

http://www.japanscholar.com/browse.html
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apply for the MEXT while in college 2016/6/9 14:15
Which MEXT scholarship? There are several.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Apply for the MEXT while in college 2016/6/9 14:17
This video explains a lot of the process as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxFVn4YElmc
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread