Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Issued cheque 2016/6/16 12:08
Hi, I have a cheque issued from Phillipines and my family can't encash it because I dont have any account in Philippines, is there a place he in Japan that I can encash my cheque...
by Jennelyn (guest)  

Re: Issued cheque 2016/6/16 17:07
if you have a bank account in Japan, ask it.
you will be requested to show your "my number".
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Issued cheque 2016/6/16 19:30
So you are in Japan, you have a check issued by an individual from Philippines/a bank from the Philippines, and you want to cash it in Japan? (I assume none of your family members are in the Philippines?)

Personal checks are not common in Japan, so the procedures for overseas-issued personal/corporate checks are cumbersome.

If you have an account with a major bank in Japan, they can "collect" it for you, meaning, they will forward it through their correspondent bank overseas, clear it with the bank in the Philippines, and give you the cash when it clears. It takes time and the fees may be expensive.

Have you checked if there are any branches in Japan of Philippine banks that might be able to help you?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Issued cheque 2016/6/17 10:18
thank you so much those information help me.. Ill try to do it..
by Jennelynjen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread