Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Japan in 2 weeks 2016/6/16 14:10
Hi everybody,
I am moving to Japan in 2 weeks and even though I searched on internet and this forum, I still have doubts/questions.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Here I go :

- is 8.4 M Y good enough. I took the offer since its quite similar to what I get in Singapore but here taxes are very low.
so I roughly estimate yearly taxes to be 20%. is there anything else I am missing ? also first year I don't pay anything, so is it going to be paid the next year. monthly or in 2/3 times ?

- I have only 10 days accommodation provided by the company afterwards I need to find a place to stay.
I don't have any saving ... but company will advance me 500k.
do you have any website recommendation to find a place to rent. I want to avoid sakura house/leo palace and it will be difficult to pay agency fee/deposit/rent/gift to owner ...
any advice ?

- I have loans here in Singapore and would like to continue paying off loans bills back in Japan. is it possible to transfer bank account along with debts in here (Citibank/Standard Chartered etc..) or do I have to do remittance from JP to SG every time.
if so do you know the remittance fees ?

- What is the approximate budget for a bachelor in Tokyo.
I lived there back in 2008 under working holidays visa, but it might have change a lot.
Does this budget seems accurate to you (of course its subjective, but its just to give me a rough idea of current prices).
- 100k for flat
- 10k for utilities
- 40k for food
- 40k for party
- 100k for everything else

- as for Phone plan and internet. are u aware of any plan without engagement
Phone will be use mostly for data
Internet at home, but want to avoid as much as possible long term engagement..

Thanks for your replies.
have a good day.
by french-dude (guest)  

Re: Moving to Japan in 2 weeks 2016/6/16 18:53
Good luck!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving to Japan in 2 weeks 2016/6/17 09:29
Sakura House is a starting point and they might have actual apartments. Another option is Oak House - they do have apartments around the city - not shared.

Y8.4M seems pretty good - many people survive on Y3M.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread