Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sofa and Permanent Residence 2016/6/17 06:31
Hi all!
I haven't been able to find much information out there about this so I hope that I can find someone who has some experience with this. I'm an American citizen with Japanese permanent residency. I've been living in the US for about two years now, I have a valid re-entry permit and residence card. My fiancée is most likely being sent out as a civilian worker this fall and we are planning for me and our daughter (dual Japanese/us citizen from my first marriage) to be included on his orders. From what I can understand I should still be able to keep my PR and have sofa at the same time which means I'm still eligible to get a jumping to, work In Japan and entitled to health benefits etc? I'd like to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation and how it worked out with immigration etc? I am not sure if this is similar to what Japanese citizen spouses that have sofa do, so any information before we start this process would be appreciated.
by Sasadango888  

reply to this thread