Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

TEFL+Spouse Visa 2016/6/20 23:39
Would the combination of a TEFL and Spouse Visa be enough to get at least an entry level teaching job in Japan?.

I want to make sure I have some type of job security before moving to Tokyo, even if it were to do private lessons or small classes.
by Rutherford  

Re: TEFL+Spouse Visa 2016/6/21 08:27
Yes.

However, without a degree and Japanese language proficiency, you will be stuck in entry-level teaching gigs until you die.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL+Spouse Visa 2016/6/21 09:23
Im studying Japanese daily, and intended to actually enroll in a language school once I'm in Japan, it is hard to learn in America because everyone speaks English, once im in a location where I have no option but to learn Japanese (and i actually enjoy it too mind you), it should be easier.
by Rutherford rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL+Spouse Visa 2016/6/22 03:13
One more thing i was wondering actually...
I know as far as a main job, you can't work online for a US based company...but if I were to pick up Teaching full time, would it be illegal of I still work online part time, or even full time if the hours don't conflict?.

Or would it even matter since I'll have a spouse visa instead of a work visa?.
by Rutherford rate this post as useful

reply to this thread