Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying Veterinary in Japan 2016/6/22 04:23
I am currently doing an Animal Biology major as well as a Japanese course at a local university. I recently started going through possible veterinary medicine options in Japan but I'm seeing that it is an undergraduate course and only offers Doctoral courses for post grads. Then I've also seen numerous threads on here where foreigners have obtained a bachelor's degree then went on to study and train in veterinary medicine in Japan ? I read at the end of the 6 year course a masters degree is obtained after taking the test. Can someone explain how this works? Is it possible for me to matriculate into the program with with my bachelor's degree in Animal Biology? And how would this work in accordance with the MEXT scholarship? Because then I'd only be qualified for the graduate scholarship

I apologize for the sea of questions but your help would be greatly appreciated
by Mykhy  

Re: Studying Veterinary in Japan 2016/6/22 13:52
You need to look up the individual university's requirements for entry into their post-grad program. It sounds similar to what my sister is doing here in Australia, where she completed a Bachelor of Animal Science and then entered into a post-grad vet surgery program. The university will be able to give you the information you need, so contact them.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying Veterinary in Japan 2016/6/22 15:12
how to overcome the language barrier.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying Veterinary in Japan 2016/6/23 11:14
From what I've seen going through almost every website is a 6 year undergraduate program where after year 1-4 they obtain a bachelor's then after year 5-6, they about their masters. So the only post grad course available is a doctoral program requiring a masters. I can't apply for the undergraduate course as I would have already graduated but then I'm seeing those who went on to study and become veterinarians in Japan after obtaining their bachelors as well...
I shall try contacting the universities sigh
by Mykhy rate this post as useful

Re: Studying Veterinary in Japan 2016/6/23 11:19
I can't apply for the undergraduate course as I would have already graduated

Why? Lots of people go back and do a second bachelor degree.

I think you cannot become a vet unless you do the full 6 years. Probably it is unlikely you can get any financial assistance, if you will be too old for the UG MEXT scholarship, although I could be wrong.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread