Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 17:16
I am wondering about getting a religious activities visa without having a receiving organization.

I have already lived in Japan for a few years as a missionary under a religious activities visa but due to internal changes I am thinking about leaving my organization. I have a religious group that will be sending me to Japan, but I do not have a group in Japan (at least not a group with any legal status) that is able to act as a receiving organization.

My hope would be that because of my previous years of experience that I would be able to make this kind of transition. I have a very difficult time understanding immigration law though.
by Missioanary (guest)  

Re: Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 20:19
As indicated on the CoE application form, your sending organisation must have a place of ativity in Japan: that is where you will perform your activities.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 20:25
Does that mean that persons outside of the company are unable to start a new religious organization?
by Missioanary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 21:22
I have no idea what you mean there.

Re: Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 21:54
I think, if a foreigner want to enter Japan, he/she must have a sponsor (guarantor).
is there a sentence which indicates a sponsor has to be in the same religion or sect ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting religious visa with a receiving org? 2016/7/1 22:12
Hmm, the CoE application form says "Assigned site of the religious organization in Japan". What exactly is meant by "religious organisation" is unclear. Maybe you just put your home address in Japan if you work "independently", I have no idea.

The form is here: http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000103460.pdf

reply to this thread