Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chitose-Mount Tarumae by taxi - costs? 2016/7/2 23:02
Hello, I want to climb Mount Tarumae in Shikotsu-Toya National Park in August. As I won't have a rental car, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi ride from Chitose to the trail head? There are no other options to get there besides taxi and hitchhiking, I suppose? Thank you.
by Fulla  

Re: Chitose-Mount Tarumae by taxi - costs? 2016/7/3 09:02
As I won't have a rental car, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi ride from Chitose to the trail head?

Around 10,000 yen one way. And you will have to manage to organize a taxi to pick you up again.

There are no other options to get there besides taxi and hitchhiking, I suppose?

Why not a rental car? You don't drive? Can't get a license?

Another option is to take the bus towards Lake Shikotsuko and then walk along the road to the 7th Station (about 9 kilometers - 3 hours one way? - and not too attractive).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Chitose-Mount Tarumae by taxi - costs? 2016/7/3 17:18
Thank you for your reply, Uji. I'm from a country whose international driver's license isn't accepted in Japan. I'd have to obtain a Japanese translation, which can only be done once in Japan and can take up to 2 weeks before it's actually issued. Not really an option when you're travelling around. Outside of Hokkaido, this is rarely a problem, but here it's going to be a pain. Still, thank you.
by Fulla rate this post as useful

reply to this thread