Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dependent visa + proving (to-be) income 2016/7/6 01:00
Hi!

I've got a job offer in Japan through 就活 (so a 正社員), so I'll be starting in April 2017. Currently I have no job (still a student), and I'll only have about 1250000 JPY on my bank account by then (well, I guess I could increase it to about 3.25 M if really necessary, but I'd rather not...). And I'll get married sometime between November and February (to a non-Japanese), then planning to move to Japan in the beginning of March.
Would just the job contract (+ CoE or whatever) be enough to prove my to-be income (i.e. no *real* income at the moment) and get a dependent visa for my wife? I know there's no definitive answer, and there are no statistics, but at least generally speaking. I have no experience with this.

Btw, there are no other visas she can get except for the Dependent one (so 28-hour part-time work possibility) if she just tags along, is that right? :)

Thanks!
by Liden (guest)  

Re: Dependent visa + proving (to-be) income 2016/7/6 09:21
Generally speaking, yes. Do remember to not indicate in your or her application that she plans to work.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Dependent visa + proving (to-be) income 2016/7/6 17:54
Thank you! I'm glad to read that.
Yes, of course. :) I understand she can get the permission for part-time jobs without any problems later in the Immigration (or even Narita) just by asking and filling in a short form, is that right? (That's how I got it on my student visa right at the Narita Airport).

Is there anything else I should be careful about concerning the Dependent visa, especially with no actual income at the moment? (I'll of course try to ask my company to provide necessary documents for her too (if any)).
by Liden (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread