Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I Be Tall In Japan? 2016/7/6 10:39
I am a freshman in high school right now and I am 5'3.... which i think is about 160 or 161 cm and I was wondering if I will be tall compared to the students at my new school in Japan.
by VioletViolations  

Re: Will I Be Tall In Japan? 2016/7/6 11:46
No. I believe the average among Japanese women is around 158cm, so not much different.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Will I Be Tall In Japan? 2016/7/6 16:09
Yes. Maybe not the tallest but definitely taller than most freshmen.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I Be Tall In Japan? 2016/7/6 21:31
The average of a 15 year old Japanese girl is 157.1 centimeters. So yes, but you're already taller than the average grown adult.
by Nogami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I Be Tall In Japan? 2016/7/7 04:51
There are variances in height. Yu Darvish, who is Japanese, pitches of the Texas Ranger, is 6' 5". I am 6' 3" and when I boarded the train on the Yamanote Loop Line, it was usually crowded and I would have to stand. I noticed that there were usually at least three others in the train car that were also over six feet tall.

The current Miss Japan, Sari Nakazawa is 5' 7.5", which is taller than you.

Here is a link to the 2016 Japanese volleyball team for the Olympics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_women%27s_national_volleyball_team

The height of each of the players on the roster is listed. The shortest person on the team is 5' 3". There is an advantage in having taller player in volleyball, because it is easier to spike the ball, so I would expect the women to be taller than average.

My guess is that you will be taller than most, but probably not the tallest girl in your class.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread