Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unemployment insurance 2016/7/8 21:31
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask you this question if you don't mind.

I found out that I have been paying the Unemployment insurance (雇用保険) for more than two years ago (automatically pulled out from my monthly salary). Does this mean if I quit (not get fired), I will still get paid until I find a new job?
If I am supposed to get paid, what is the minimum and the maximum period in which I can get paid?

I'm not planning to quit my job any time soon but I just thought that it's good to know. Thank you.
by Brexit  

Re: Unemployment insurance 2016/7/9 16:22
Does this mean if I quit (not get fired), I will still get paid until I find a new job?
If I am supposed to get paid, what is the minimum and the maximum period in which I can get paid?

The system is set up that you can apply for assistance 3 months after ending your job. Assistance lasts up to 3 months and is a percentage of your former salary.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment insurance 2016/7/10 12:34
Make sure you go in right after you quit, it's a three month waiting period once you go in to apply for it. Don't wait three months, then expect to go straight in and get money. My husband made this mistake and was ineligible to get anything because by then he was already in the process of setting up his own business, which disqualifies you (even if you aren't earning any money at that time).
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment insurance 2016/7/12 17:41
Seeing your situation, you will get unemployment insurance for 3 months only. There is slab of number of years you worked. I had used once. So i know well.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread