Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/9 14:09
For 2 years now i have been planning on going to Japan to go to a LS, and I have been moving my plans further because I rather have as much money as I can possibly have before I go and I will finally be going in April!

So the reason I am making this thread is I would like a list of what I should have before I move to Japan and what I should get when I get there and I felt this thread could not only help me out but other people.

Thanks!

P.S I'd love if they extended the topic title limit.
by Melging  

Re: What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/16 01:27
Where are you going in Japan? How long will you be there? What will you be doing? Are you male or female? Are you overweight and/or tall? Where are you from? How old are you?

Oh, and what's an LS?
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/16 01:40
I assume LS is Language School.

A little bit about yourself would help those who contribute with a little knowledge of who you are and your environs. If you're used to tropical climate, then you need to buy clothes for the winter. If you don't usually fit the normal Japanese frame build, it may be difficult to buy clothes that fit you (unless you order them online) and you may need to bring them with you instead of buying them on the local economy.

I assume the hardest thing to get used to is not finding your usual toiletries and personal hygiene products.

But if you were to give us a little info, that would help.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/16 01:44
I see you're from Nova Scotia, so you'll be more than used to almost any potential winter weather in Japan. (Unless you go to Wakkanai or something!)

But we don't know where your language school will be (I assume the largest cities).
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/16 01:49
Japan is not a deserted island, for crying out loud. Anything you need, you can get.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What should you have prepared for Japan? 2016/7/16 05:01
Sorry guys for the lack of info.

Ok well yes I am from Canada so clothing wise I am all set, I am planning on going April 2017 for 2 years, my body time is slim.

And I'm still picking schools (yes Language School) but I will likely be living in Tokyo.
by Melging rate this post as useful

reply to this thread