Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kimchi shop/grocery in Kobe? 2016/7/15 15:02
Is there any shops in Kobe that sell either handmade kimchi (made right at the store) or directly imported from Korea? I have tried to look for authentic Korean kimchi in Kobe but only find either kimchi made in Osaka from a brand called Koreatown which seems to be made for Japanese tastes (not very spicy and more salty) or just regular Japanese mass produced kimuchi. I went to a really tiny Korean grocery shop but all they had was the Osaka Koreatown kimchi brand and it was not tasting like the Korean tasting kimchi but yet again super mild and salty, I had my hopes up that Korean shop would have handmade kimchi made by the shop owners but to no avail.
by guestk (guest)  

Re: Kimchi shop/grocery in Kobe? 2016/7/15 17:04
I know your question is about Kimchi shops in Kobe, I don't know of any shops that sell authentic kimchi. Have you been to Korean Town in Tsuruhashi, Osaka? It's only 50 minutes away from JR Sannomiya and one way would cost 640. Right outside next to the station they sell authentic Korean kimchi, not like the ones found in the supermarkets. They have many varities and the prices are not expensive, but the taste is authentic. If you ever have a chance, you should check it out. They also sell imported Korean snacks and foods, the prices are marekd up a little, but not over priced. Hope this helps.
by KylOsaka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread