Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying in Japan 2016/7/18 04:37
You see, I'm planning to go study in Japan for my college. I was thinking of going to TUJ but I feel like it won't give me the whole Japanese culture stuffs and such. So I was thinking of going to a Japanese Language school first before going to a university. BUT, this is when the major problem comes in.

I TOTALLY HAVE financial problems. My dad has a stable job and his pay is good but since he drinks regularly, we ended up having financial problems. I've been searching for weeks on how I can fix my financial problems so that I can study in Japan. Is there any way I can save myself from the stacks of financial problems?
by AlyssaLouise  

Re: Studying in Japan 2016/7/18 11:57
You can get your own bank account and job, and save money yourself. Language schools normally require upfront payment of fees, and you will need to prove to Japanese Immigration that you can support yourself, so you will need to have a decent amount of money before you go.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2016/7/18 12:00
While they may be some scholarships available for universities, the language school bit needs to be paid completely on your own (or your family's). You need to pay in the tuition upfront (at least for a year's or six months' worth) and show that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies, before the school will start the process for your student visa to study.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2016/7/18 16:49
Study in English to save yourself 2 years of tuition fees and living expenses (http://www.uni.international.mext.go.jp/ )

Go for a national university, which have significantly lower tuition fees, and generally have more in the way of financial support.

Avoid the more expensive cities (Tokyo & Kyoto) to save rent.

Work as hard as you can on your GPA to maximize your chances to get scholarships / tuition waivers.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2016/7/18 17:59
GET A JOB.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2016/7/19 00:42
what country are you from? why not apply for a monbukagakusho scholarship? They will cover full college tuition and even give you a montlhy stipend of about 160,000 jpy. For master programs, they do cover language schools to get you ready, but not sure if it is covered for undegraduate programs.
by me (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread