Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

UK Postcode not accepted on Rakuten Travel 2016/7/19 02:05
Hello,

I'm trying to book a specific room at a hotel in Hakone which only seems to be available on the Rakuten Travel website. The problem is that no matter what I do the booking falls over with my postcode.

I've tried searching for answers but some that say to enter random characters doesn't work as the website throws back another error saying my credit card cannot be used.

I've tried using Chrome and Firefox but still get the same error.

Is this a specific problem with the website itself as I don't remember having this problem two years ago.

Thanks.
by ParaSytius  

Re: UK Postcode not accepted on Rakuten Travel 2016/7/19 10:51
Are you using the Japanese site that requires a Japanese postcode?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: UK Postcode not accepted on Rakuten Travel 2016/7/20 01:26
I'm using the English language version.

Thankfully, I've since managed to sort it out. Looks like the stop gap measure of entering '0000000' does work and I even managed to get around the following Credit Card being denied issue that popped up straight after as well. Though I hope my CC company doesn't come back and deny me the booking.

So much grief just to book a room for 3 nights.
by ParaSytius rate this post as useful

Re: UK Postcode not accepted on Rakuten Travel 2016/7/20 01:31
Entering 000-0000 as your postcode is the normal thing to do if you have a foreign address; this is true on the Japanese version as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread