Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax for Investor/Business Manager Visa 2016/7/21 23:49

Hello Everyone.

I was browsing here and heard something about Investor/Business Manager Visa.

I'm interested and started to find any information on the web, I managed to get general information how to get it but there several question appear so I hope someone can help me.

01. If I make a company with only one employee (me), how much of type tax I should pay?
Company Tax and Employe Tax?

For example =
The Company making 4.000.000 Yen this year
Owner Salary is 3.000.000 Yen.

So the tax I should pay is =
Owner Income Tax
(3.000.000 Yen x 10%)- 97,500 202,500 yen.
Japan municipal tax
(3.000.000 Yen x 6%) 180.000 Yen
Prefectural tax
(3.000.000 Yen x 4% ) 120.000 Yen

Company Income Tax
(1.000.000 Yen x x 22.45%) 224.500 Yen

So total is 727.000 Yen/Year

Is this right? Or there anything I missed? I like to make a company there but if the tax way to much I need to re-consider my decision.

02. The company is small, so I doubt I'll make huge profit from it, is there any minimum yearly income to ensure immigration give / renew the investor visa?

Thank you.
by Higejiji  

Re: Tax for Investor/Business Manager Visa 2016/7/23 02:55
I think you need to re-think your strategy.

First consider that investment shall be at least of 5M jpy. Need to secure an office space. Need at least one employee in addition to the Business Manager.

With the income that you're projecting for your company it doesn't seem that there would be enough to cover two salaries (yours and your employee's).

Also, if the business is not profitable enough for that, Japan migration could assess your business proposal as not viable, thus denying you the visa.

Just some food for thought.
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax for Investor/Business Manager Visa 2016/7/23 03:38
Better off coming here on some kind of work visa and working in whatever field your business interests are in for a while, then once you are comfortable you will be better positioned to start your business having got the lay of the land as far as market viability is concerned, made important contacts, etc. Not only that but you should also have a much easier time convincing immigration to give you an investor visa than someone who has never worked here and just wants to come over and start a small business that doesn't make that much money.

All of this assuming that you speak Japanese well enough to get a company to sponsor you, because if you don't then running a business here is going to be HARD.
by Kez (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax for Investor/Business Manager Visa 2016/7/23 10:46
Actually, you do not need an additional employee other than the business manager, but you do need a Japan resident representative (and you can't get residency under business/investor visa until after you set up your company unless you do it a different way around).

The JPY5M is designed to provide sufficient funds so you can last two years. The physical office space (non-residential - but a special case exists there too) does not have to be expensive.

Recommendation: get an accountant and a lawyer, be prepared to pay to get it set up, and it takes time and effort.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tax for Investor/Business Manager Visa 2016/7/23 12:53
Thanks for the response guys, I really appreciate it.
The truth is I have plenty of time before start, so I might consider and try another option first while preparing the fund and anything else.

JapanCustomTours, how much it cost to hire an accountant? and do I need to hire it each month or just when I need to fill the tax?
by Higejiji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread