Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Biking around Uji 2016/7/23 22:40
I want to get some inputs from those who have tried or might have an idea about biking around Uji. I'll be renting a bicycle at a shop near JR Uji. My plan is as follows:

From JR Uji Station:

1. cycle through Byodoin Omotesando to Byodoin Temple
2. Tonoshima Island
3. Uji and Ujigami Shrine
4. lunch at Kyuemon Itoh
5. Mimurotoji then head back to JR Uji station.

Is this a good plan for a casual rider? Will I have any trouble with parking? Any tips? :)
by matchahereicome (guest)  

Re: Biking around Uji 2016/7/24 10:39
I feel a bicycle won't be of much advantage in the town center. Distances are small and crowds can be big, which would force you to push around your bicycle a lot. In my opinion, it is more conveniently explored on foot.

However, Mimurotoji is a different story. It is quite far away, and a bicycle would come in handy. Since you are returning to the station for your visit to Kyuemon Ito, I would consider renting a bicycle just for the visit to Mimurotoji .
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Biking around Uji 2016/7/24 14:29
Ok! :) I'm gonna have to switch around my routes then. Thanks heaps, Uji! Would you know any other rental cycle shops? The only one that I know of is Hayashida Jitensha Cycle that's located near JR Uji station.
by matchahereicome (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Biking around Uji 2016/7/24 15:05
Sorry, I am not familiar with the rental shops.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Biking around Uji 2016/7/24 15:26
No biggie. Thanks again!
by matchahereicome (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread