Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ophtalmologist in hospital or office? 2016/7/25 00:08
I would like to have some advices.

I want to make a chech-up of my eyes. So I wanted to know if going into the optical area in a hospital is a good thing or not?! Or if I must go to an ophtalmologist 's office?
I know places as Zoff,... where the vision can be checked but it's an ophtalmologist that I need (and not an optician)

The other thing is I'm running out of lenses and my glasses are really bad ... Can the ophtalmologist make a prescription for new ones? Or can I go to an optician (as Zoff) for new ones (I've bought my lenses and glass back on france and don't have the prescription as the shops had keep them)

I've got the same question for a dermatologist...

My japanese is quite good to go to a japanese's office but if you have any english doctors I'll take it too.

Thanks for reading
by Lydioune  

Re: Ophtalmologist in hospital or office? 2016/7/25 11:25
If you want to go for an eye check-up, you can just walk into an ophthalmologist's office. Often waiting time at hospitals can be long, and they may require some reference/introduction from other doctors (for more serious conditions). Maybe ask for any suggestions or recommendations from your neighbors or colleagues?

And yes, ophthalmologists give out prescriptions too, in addition to giving you medical eye check-up, which I tend to get vs. opticians.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ophtalmologist in hospital or office? 2016/7/25 13:27
Zoff staffs only offer a very simple eye check and exam. There are not a medical doctors.
All Ophthalmologist do your eye check and exam, will issue a prescription(cost add 3,240 Yen or so), take the prescription to glass shops, they will make glasses without eye check.
You can visit large hospitals or university hospital Ophthalmology dept, but, you need to wait for 6-7 hours there(and cost add 5,400 Yen). The large hospitals and university hospitals only examine those patients who have very difficulties where local clinics unable to treat. So I would recommend you to visit your local clinic first. Dermatologists are the same.

There are some English speaking MD, but I don't know where you live in JP.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Ophtalmologist in hospital or office? 2016/7/25 13:36
Look for any Ganka clinic (眼科) near your place on Google
You will find many of them, take your insurance card with you when you visit
by 。。。 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ophtalmologist in hospital or office? 2016/7/25 17:38
Your city or ward offce may have alist of English-speaking doctors.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread