Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

immigration 2016/8/1 11:32
Hello, my name is Matt an Md I'm an American Citizen. I recently had planned to move to Japan with my girlfriend who is from Nagano. Iv been looking for jobs and through her family friends Iv landed one. They're willing to hire me the problem is they can't sponsor my visa because I don't have a four year degree. They informed me that if I can obtain a visa another way such as a friends and family visa then we might be able to move forward. We have no intentions of getting married especially just so I can immigrate any suggestions?
by Matt (guest)  

Re: immigration 2016/8/1 12:40
Do you have a three year degree? (or some useful/relevant qualification)?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: immigration 2016/8/1 15:41
Then unless you have a decade of experience in an "in-demand" field, you would seem to be square out of luck.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: immigration 2016/8/1 16:04
Seeing your situation, you need to either get a degree (bachelor's degree, so it might be 3 or 4 years) to become eligible for a work visa (immigration requirement), or have several or more years of relevant experience (this is the either-or immigration requirement for a work visa), or have some special skills such as trained as a chef in your country's cuisine, or get married to be eligible for a spouse visa.

There is no such thing as friends family visa - I guess you might mean family relation based visa, such as "spouse of Japanese national."
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: immigration 2016/8/1 16:43
hey Brother,
You can visit Japan without visa as a tourist.
Why you need sponsor to come to Japan?
4 years degree is not compulsory.
But some school may ask it.
by sunny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: immigration 2016/8/1 17:14
@Sunny,

He wants to live and work in Japan. Hence, he needs a visa. For that, a degree or a skill a Japanese cannot supply are necessary. Or marriage, of course.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: immigration 2016/8/2 05:49
Thank you everyone for your responses I guess I'll try and figure something out.
by Matt (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread