Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 01:08
Hello,

Next week I will be travelling to Tokyo from Dublin, Ireland. I was just wondering would I be able to find an Irish/UK to Japan plug adapter when I arrive in Tokyo? This is because it is very hard for me to find one here in Dublin

Thank you
by bami325 (guest)  

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 11:13
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 11:36
I've not looked at Narita, but they will certainly sell world travel adapters at Dublin Airport and they are very easy to buy in Tokyo too. No worries.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 11:55
Cheap online ones would have been perfect. Now time is against you. Buying and expensive airport one will have to do.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 12:01
You can also find plug adapters at the Yodobashi in Akihabara.

On the same floor where they sell cameras, there is a travel section where the adapters are displayed. You are looking for a Type-G to Type A adapter.
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/3 23:46
I'm no expert, but does everybody here understand that the OP is coming from Dublin to use Dublin electronic devices in Tokyo? I thought type G is for using things in UK.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/4 12:19
Type-G "to" Type-A. That means adapting a Type-G plug to fit in a Type-A socket.

What type of devices are you going to be using? If it's just your laptop, just buy a Japanese power cord for the power brick.
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying plug adapter in Narita airport 2016/8/4 23:41
Uh, I see what you mean. Sorry.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread