Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Relocationing to Japan 2016/8/4 05:30
I am an experienced automotive master technician who wants to relocate to Japan by 2025. I was wondering if it would be difficult for me to find a job and what is the cost of living in japan? I know google is a sea of "answers", but I would like to hear from someone who is making a living there. Thanks!!
by husssmo  

Re: Relocationing to Japan 2016/8/4 11:09
Not possible to get a work visa as a car mechanic in Japan, if that is really what you do. If not, please describe your intended job in more detail.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Relocationing to Japan 2016/8/4 11:22
Two factors: This is for skill labor-related visa btw
A) depends on how many years of experience you have, and your credentials.
B) If you manage to find someone to sponsor your visa.

At minimum, do some research.

Also,
Finding work as with any other non-english teaching profession, expect they will require native level japanese, as you will be working primarily with japanese (people) (unless you are going to a u.s. base)

by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Relocationing to Japan 2016/8/4 12:06
Problem is that there is no shortage of motor mechanics in Japan. Unless to service Porsches or Lambos "and" can speak the language. I'm doubtful you'll receive interest.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Relocationing to Japan 2016/8/5 03:28
I agree with the above posters. Automotive technicians hardly qualify for a work visa and there's no shortage of them.

If you're talking about automotive engineering or design, then that's a different story.

Do you have a degree?
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread