Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

job hunting 2016/8/5 09:33
i was looking for someone to teach me what to say when i call for a parttime job . for example Hello, I am and my call is regarding your job offer announcement. I would like to be offered an opportunity to work.
thanks in advance
by sujan1  

Re: job hunting 2016/8/5 17:49
Do you know any Japanese already?

If you don't speak Japanese, I don't see the point in using Japanese to ask for a job. Would you understand their reply? Surely it's better to be honest and say, "I don't speak Japanese, but would like to work for your company".
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: job hunting 2016/8/5 17:54
How good is your Japanese? I can give you a few phrases, but I would want to keep it to a level that you are familiar with, so that your opening line doesn't give the advertiser the impression that you are completely fluent and then you get lost when hearing their response?

A set of sort of standard phrases would be:
(They pick up the phone)
- XXX desu ka. Watashi wa YYYY to moushimasu. (Is this XXX (shop name)? My name is YYYY.)
- Arubaito no koukoku wo mite, denwa shite imasu. (I am calling about the part-time job advertisement I saw.) "arubaito" is usually student part-time job. If not, you could say "paato" to refer to part-time job.
- Kyuujin tantou no kata wa irasshaimasu ka.(Is the person in charge of recruitment available?)

(When that person comes on the phone)
- Zehi arubaito sasete itadakitai desu. (I would love to do part-time work.)

Is the above something you can figure out in terms of vocabulary and grammar?
They are likely to ask you where you live, what kind of hours you can do, can you come for an interview, etc., etc.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: job hunting 2016/8/5 19:47
yo, thanx for the help AK. those lines you gave i can fluently use it in the future . i have been living in japan for four years but since i don't go to school or study jap at home my japanese isn't that strong . it's all listen and learn. recently i have started studying.
by sujan1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread