Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 17:49
Hi there, was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on this. I've imported numerous items of various value to the UK from japan over the years and have never had any issues - items have always been delivered within two weeks at most.

I ordered an xrgb mini framemeister (an upscaler) from Solaris Japan on 25th July (cost was ’280 total) - it was dispatched on 26th July and the tracking shows it left japan on the 28th July. It's registered and insured Japan international post.

Since that point, the tracking has not been updated. I have contacted Parcelforce, Royal Mail and even HMRC and none know where my parcel is. It's now past the maximum suggested time for reaching the UK (ten business days), and everything points to it being lost.

My tracking currently is as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
07/25/2016 20:29 Posting/Collection
HIGASHIKURUME TOKYO

07/26/2016 23:17 Arrival at outward office of exchange TOKYO INT TOKYO

07/28/2016 06:20 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INT TOKYO
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There has been no updates since that point, and the item has not shown to have reached the UK. Also, I purchased the same item from the same seller back in 2014 with the same shipping option - and it reached me within five days and the tracking was updated throughout until final delivery.

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd be grateful. I'm thinking I may have to end up doing a chargeback/claim on my credit card eventually if it does end up lost and the retailer can't reimburse me.
by richyawying (guest)  

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 18:04
Without knowing what shipping option you have used. It is very difficult to give an answer. Tracking and time frames.

EMS should be there already. AirParcel and SALregistered sometimes don't show tracking once it departed Japan, depending on the destination country. The tracking only goes as far as Narita INT.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 18:16
I used the "regular" shipping option as shown here: https://solarisjapan.com/pages/shipping
by richyawying (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 18:25
It could be that Royal Mail or Parcelforce has failed to scan it upon arrival into the UK. It does happen that they fail to scan, thus no update is given once it leaves Japan. I once sent out an EMS item from Japan to a relative of mine in the UK, and the tracking was gone for a several days, until I received a thank-you e-mail from the recipient (still no update on tracking). I would wait a few more days.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 18:28
Left Japan on 28th, but your 'regular' shipping is 5-10 WORKING days. It's always 'working days'.

So it's not late.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/6 22:12
right ok, that helps a bit...thanks

Is my parcel SAL then or standard airmail?

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/8 17:35
What is the first two letters of you item/tracking number?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Item sent from Japan to UK...lost? 2016/8/9 00:55
The tracking number starts with RR.

The last tracking number I had for a shipment from Japan also started with RR, was updated throughout right to final delivery and arrived from start to finish in four business days.

reply to this thread