Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hi anyone know the phone book in Okinawa? 2016/8/9 21:09
My family are trying to locate my great grandfather in Okinawa.His an okinawan but we have no info of where his birth town or his first name we only know his last name and that his from Okinawa and some other info
by Jangmi (guest)  

Re: Hi anyone know the phone book in Okinawa? 2016/8/10 18:06
You can dial the area code and add 104 so that the operator can give you any number registered on the phone book.

But nowadays, most people do not resister their number on phone books, for privacy's sake. Reading your post, what you'd want to do is to contact a city hall. Your local Japanese consulate may even be able to guide you.

http://www.pref.okinawa.jp/site/chijiko/kohokoryu/foreign/index.html
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Hi anyone know the phone book in Okinawa? 2016/8/10 23:50
city authorities NEVER give you any personal information by phone call.
104 may not work from overseas. I believe that this is now available only for NTT customers.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hi anyone know the phone book in Okinawa? 2016/8/11 00:33
city authorities NEVER give you any personal information by phone call.

A city authority once gave me a lot of information that helped me understand where and how my late great grandfather lived in Japan, although I did have to give him a phone call instead of an email so that he can be sure I'm serious.

He showed me how to read and analize the documents I have, and told me the reasons he can think of about why some things are missing, and where to look next. That couldn't have been done unless he had some good knowledge of the city and its history.

City authorities cannot give you personal information such as phone numbers of unlisted residents, but their job is to help people live a better and happier life. It's also not against the law for a public servant to contact an individual on behalf of another individual, without telling the contact number of each other.

(Brief explanation of the original question)
トピ主さんの主たる目的は、ひいおじいさまを探すことです。その手がかりとして、電話帳があったらいいとお考えになっていたようなので、私の前回の書き込みで「ひいおじいさまのことを知りたいなら、電話帳ではない方法がおすすめ」と答えました。なお、ひいおじいさまについては、ここではお書きになっていない情報もお持ちのようです。
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Hi anyone know the phone book in Okinawa? 2016/8/12 13:19
thanks everyone,this will be my first step for my journey of finding my great grandpa.I appreciate ya'll help.
by jangmi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread