Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skin problem 2016/8/13 01:52
My daughter is living in Osaka, studying Japanese. She has developed a rash that looks like little bumps all over her body. I am wondering if anyone know what it might be. They seem to be somewhat itchy.

Also, where would a foreigner without insurance go for care?

Thank you in advance for your response.
by Lisa (guest)  

Re: Skin problem 2016/8/13 07:01
If you are residing in Japan, enrollment in the national health insurance is required by law.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Skin problem 2016/8/13 07:48
Your daughter should probably see a doctor. This link takes you to the website of the US Embassy in Tokyo and contains information about medical resources in Japan for foreigners. http://japan.usembassy.gov/mobile//e/acs/tacs-7119.html
A couple of years ago I needed medical care in Kagoshima for a bad bronchitis. Through the list on the website I found a Japanese family doctor who had studied in Sweden and spoke good English. He had his own pharmacie and the costs for the visit plus medication were surprisingly low.
Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery!
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Skin problem 2016/8/13 18:38
Sounds like it could be a heat rash, but she should visit a doctor to be sure. If it isn't too serious she may just want to visit a drug store and speak to the pharmacist on duty.

Also, where would a foreigner without insurance go for care?

Any hospital or clinic will see her. She'll have to pay full price, but it is quite affordable (I would estimate 5,000 to 10,000 yen max)

If you are residing in Japan, enrollment in the national health insurance is required by law.

If she is a short term student then this may not apply. However there is no penalty to joining late should she need to be enrolled. In this case she can get medical help, pay full price, enroll, and then apply for a refund of 70% of what she paid.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread