Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 07:47
Hello All

I would like to visit Japan . Could you please suggest which are the best cities to be visited and where is the best shopping arcade ( Where I can buy in bulk ). What are the best things ( cheap and best ) for shopping in Japan ?
Best weather for visiting japan ?How many days are sufficient to cover the famous places ?

Thanks
Traveller.
by Tourist (guest)  

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 09:45
You can find the answers to all of your questions on this very website, if you look around. You could also Google these questions.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 19:07
@sq may sound a little harsh but remember that we are just private individuals like yourself who have some knowledge of Japan and dont mind sharing it. If you search this forum & website you will find your questions have been answered many times in the past. When you have a basic itinerary planned ask again and people will happily help you fine tune it.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 19:12
It really depends on what you want to do/see in Japan, and how many days' of holiday you can take. You can come for a week or so and visit just Tokyo and its vicinity, or come for a bit longer and cover Tokyo and Kyoto/Nara as well. You could read about the different cities and check the itinerary suggestions on this website to see what interests you and what can be covered.

If I am to give a recommendation for a first-timer to Japan, I would definitely suggest Tokyo (with side trips to Nikko and Kamakura maybe) - Kyoto (with side trip to Nara and Himeji maybe) - Hiroshima - back to Tokyo (or fly out of Kansai airport near Osaka) within 12 - 14 days.
Having said that, that's pretty similar to one of "suggested itineraries" here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_12.html

What is it that you want to buy "in bulk"?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 20:33
Apologies if I did sound harsh; I'm just tired of people treating this forum like a travel agency. I am happy to share information, provided the poster has clearly done some research of their own first!

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/15 20:48
@sq I completely agree with you and was not criticising you at all. I, like you wish people would at least look at the site before asking very general questions.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/16 08:39
Hi
Thanks all for your replies .
I searched couple of forums and everyone has there own point of view. So I was bit confused .
I just want to know what people think as localities know better then visitors .
Thanks .
by Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best time to visit Japan 2016/8/16 09:05
That still doesn't help. You say you've read the forum, but did you read the actual pages on this website? You should be able to form your own opinion from there. It's about what you want to do on holiday, not what other people say you should.

Also, this forum is a mix of locals and tourists who have been to Japan. I, for example, don't live in Japan, but have visited twice (and loved it).

Japan is a huge country and your questions are too general to answer properly. Have a good read of this website (yes, this may take a while), do some Google searches, read some guidebooks (see if you local library has some if you don't want to buy them).

reply to this thread