Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

MVNOs working on unlocked phones 2016/8/23 00:39
Ok. I think i'm gonna get flak for this and I very well did try reading through every single thread related to this topic. I need a straightforward answer: do ALL MVNOs work on unlocked phones? I'm bringing my own handset (galaxy s7) and want to use an MVNO to save money. Some say certain MVNOs work only for au/docomo/sb branded phones (ex. UQ mobile only works on au phones... Am I right?). So will other MVNOs work for me? Maybe someone here has tried doing this. Please, please let me know your inputs! Thanks!
by nbblwna (guest)  

Re: MVNOs working on unlocked phones 2016/8/23 09:34
Each MVNO has a list of supported phones. If your phone is not on the list, there is no guarantee that they or we or anybody else can give you.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: MVNOs working on unlocked phones 2016/8/23 10:49
Not all MVNO tests smart phones on their network system which unable to do.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: MVNOs working on unlocked phones 2016/8/23 12:15
I need a straightforward answer: do ALL MVNOs work on unlocked phones?

No, the main consideration is the frequencies that the particular MVNO operates on. That has to match the frequencies that your phone operates on. As mentioned, each carrier tests their product with a select number of handsets. Phones not on the list that meet the specs will likely work, but will not be verified.

I'm bringing my own handset (galaxy s7) and want to use an MVNO to save money.

Most MVNOs that work on the docomo or softbank networks should work with your phone. Match the specs to be sure.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: MVNOs working on unlocked phones 2016/8/24 10:48
Thanks, guys! Very clear now. Thanks for the technical explanation, yllwsmrf. So I guess I'm gonna have to go through each of their websites and check what terminals have been tested on their network.
by nbblwna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread